Each of the South Jersey shore towns offers spaces for recreation and play. Here are the playgrounds and recreation areas of the South Jersey shore.
- Recreation: Between 8th and 12th Streets, Avalon has a recreation complex which includes baseball fields, tennis courts and a playground.
- Playgrounds: Playgrounds can be found at the following locations: 8th & Ocean Drive, 30th & Avalon Avenue Beach, 39th & Dune Drive and 74th & Ocean Drive.
- Tennis Courts: 8th and Ocean Drive and 39th and Dune Drive.
- Recreation: Cape May Recreation Department offers activities and programs for all ages throughout the year. The office is located at 643 Washington Street.
- Tennis: The Cape May Tennis Club is located at 1020 Washington Street and is open to the public.
- Recreation: Ocean City has a Sports and Civic Center located at 6th Street and the Boardwalk and an Aquatic and Fitness Center located at 1735 Simpson Avenue. Both centers offer year-round events. There is also a recreation area at 8th Street and Haven
- Playgrounds: Sandcastle Playground at 34th Street; North Street and Haven; 744 Haven Avenue; 15th & Bay Avenue; 26th & Bay Avenue; 29th & West Avenue; 52nd & Haven Avenue
- Tennis: Tennis courts are located at 6th, 18th and 34th Streets
Sea Isle City
- Recreation: Dealy Field is located between 59th and 63rd Streets & Central Avenue. There are basketball, bocce, pickleball and tennis courts as well as a street hockey rink. There are also little league, soccer and softball fields, a skate park restrooms and a service building here. There is also a basketball court at JFK Boulevard Park (Between Landis and Central Avenues)
- Playgrounds: Dealy Field (59th-63rd Streets and Central Avenue); JFK Boulevard Park (JFK Boulevard between Landis & Central Avenues); 85th Street and the Beach
- Tennis: Tennis Courts are located at 63rd Street & Central Avenue
- Recreation: The 82nd Street Recreation Complex includes basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, soccer and softball fields and a playground; 96th Street Facilities include basketball, shuffleboard and tennis courts; and Chelsea Place Park (105th-106th Streets, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues) has volleyball and bocce courts, a walking trail and adult fitness equipment.
- Playgrounds: 82nd Street Complex; 96th Street; Chelsea Place Park (105th-106th Streets, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
- Tennis Courts: 82nd Street Complex
- Recreation: Albert I Allen Memorial Park (2200 Delaware Avenue) has tennis courts, street hockey, basketball, gazebo, skateboard park, playground and observation area over wetlands; 8th Avenue Field is a multi-purpose field.
- Playgrounds: The Bill Henfey Park is located at East 8th Avenue and Central Avenue; there is also a playground at 16th and the Beach
- Tennis: Alert I. Allen Memorial Park (2200 Delaware Avenue)
- Recreation: Byrne Community Center is located at 401 West Youngs Avenue features basketball courts and fitness rooms
- Playgrounds: Fox Park & Playground: Davis & Atlantic Avenues
- Tennis: Fox Park (4500 Ocean Avenue) and Montgomery & Atlantic Avenues
- Recreation: The Crest Pier Recreation Center (5800 Ocean Avenue) offers a basketball court and fitness rooms; Joseph Von Savage Memorial Pool (8800 New Jersey Avenue) offers pool and swimming year-round; Scoop Taylor Park (5801 Ocean Avenue) has basketball courts; Higbee Field and Morey Field offer baseball and softball fields
- Playgrounds: Scoop Taylor Park (5801 Ocean Avenue); Washington Avenue Park; Sunrise Park at Rambler Road;
- Tennis: Washington Avenue Park and 6300 Ocean Avenue